Energy Department 1-800-795-1299
Ordering Fuel & Propane / Billing
For your home heating furnace, hot water heater, cook stoves, clothes dryers, shop heaters… call our propane service specialists with more than 30 years combined experience!
Safety is our number one priority for the staff that check your lines for leaks and make necessary safety improvements.
What is propane?
• It is an odorless and colorless gas, a chemical odorant is later added to give it a distinct smell
• It’s used to fuel appliances in a gas or vapor form for heating and cooking
• It’s transported and stored as a liquid under high pressure in specially designed containers called tanks or cylinders
• When changing from liquid to gas, it expands around 270 times, making it economical to store and transport
• After it’s converted from liquid to gas, a small leak can result in a larger quantity of gas which can be very dangerous in a confined space
• Concentrations of propane may cause flash fires or explosions
• Propane is very safe when stored and handled properly; if not, it can cause property damage, injuries, or even death
• If propane comes in contact with your skin it can result in frost burns
• Propane gas is heavier than air and collects initially at low levels before it dissipates; when checking for propane leaks smell all over a room especially low spots
• Even a slight gas odor may signal a serious propane leak and you should take immediate action
It is important for the safety of the members of your household that they have a thorough understanding of the properties and characteristics of propane and the hazards and risks associated with its use.
Bulk Petroleum Fuels
CleanGard Super Unleaded Gasoline: Available for agricultural, on or off-road use, state and federal taxes applicable
Ruby Fieldmaster B5: Premium Ag Diesel Fuel formulated for agricultural use
SoyMaster: Soy-enriched Premium Diesel Fuel for on and off-road use
Wintermaster: Winterized Premium Diesel Fuel for extreme cold weather
#2 Grade Diesel Low Sulfur: Diesel fuel for heating oil furnaces and off-road uses
#1 Grade Diesel: Diesel fuel with excellent cold weather operability
If you smell propane in your home:
* GET EVERYONE OUT of the home and away from surrounding areas
* DO NOT attempt to find the leak
* DO NOT attempt to repair your appliance or light your pilot light
* DO NOT turn on or off light switches inside the home
* DO NOT use a telephone inside the home or in nearby areas
* DO NOT light matches anywhere inside or near the home
* ATTEMPT to shut off the valves at the tank
* CALL both your propane supplier and the fire department for help from a telephone away from the home and nearby area
We offer payment and planning options for your home heating needs:
The Cash Price Policy means a customer who has obtained credit and charging privileges can receive a 10 cent per gallon discount if payment is received within 10 days of fuel delivery.
The Budget Plan allows you to average your heating costs over a 12 month period. The amount of your monthly budget payment is determined by taking your previous fall to spring heating cost and dividing it by ten. We can also arrange for the payments to be taken out of your checking account.
Propane Contracting means you can purchase a certain amount of propane gallons during our contracting period in the summer to be delivered throughout the following heating season. You must stop in the office during the contracting period to pay for the gallons and sign a contract to lock in the price.
The Schedule Fill Program allows us to schedule your delivery along with other customers in your neighborhood. By doing so we are more efficient in routing and you have the assurance of not running out of fuel because we monitor your tank level using a degree day system based on your home and the outside temperature. This is a voluntary plan and you must sign a form to be on the Schedule Fill Program. You also need to cancel in writing if you do not want to participate in the plan any longer.
We pride ourselves on being your energy needs supplier in Hutchinson and the surrounding areas